Kenchin is one of the Chinese vegetable food cuisine. It is the beginning of a Chinese-style the vegetable food cuisine in Edo Period japan. One of the dish for the vegetable cuisine, Kentin cuisine, in the past it was a dish with the vegetables added mainly tofu and the eggs. Fill stuffed the kenchin to the fish and roll. And it is cooked for the grilled fish and the steamed fish.
- Japanese Spanish Mackerel
- Cloud ear Mushroom
- Japanese Shiitake Mushroom
- Lily bulb
- Ginkgo nut
- Japanese Soup Stock
- Light color soy sauce
- Soy sauce
- Sweet sake
How To Make
- Removes the internal organs of the fish.
- Wash in the water, wipe off the moisture.
- Cutting a fish into three slices
- Cut to about 7cm (2.8in) width size.
- Cut ④ to open in the left and the right from the center of the fillet.
- Mix 3 cups of the Japanese soup stock, 2 cups of the sake, 1 cup of the light color soy sauce, 0.5cup of the sweet sake, and soak the ⑤ for 15 minutes.
- Cut the cloud ear mushroom, the shiitake to a long narrow.
- Cut the Yuri, ginkgo into round
- Mix 20 cups of the Japanese soup stock, 1 cup of the light color soy sauce, 1cup of the sweet sake.
- Put ⑦,⑧ into ⑨,and simmer with low heat.
- Beaten the egg is added little by little.
- When the eggs solidify, wrapped the vegetables in ⑥.
- Bake ⑫ on low heat.
METHOD FOR TREATMENT OF THE JAPANESE SPANISH MACKEREL (SAWARA)
- Turn the head of Japanese Spanish Mackerel to the left.
- Pierce the tip of the kitchen knife to behind the chest fin from the head joint.
- Cut it diagonally from the upper left to the lower right.
- Next, turn the fish to the back side.
- Doing the same work as in ③, the stomach side to the up side down、 and cut off the joint of the bone in a head side.
- Cut the stomach of the fish, and take out the internal organs.
- Cut the thin skin along a middle bone, and wash a fish in water, remove the blood and the dirt.
- Wipe off the moisture.
- Point the fish head side to the right.
- Put the tip of kitchen knife in from the ventral side of the head side.
- Cut along the middle bone to the tail, and separate one’s body.
- In this worked, bones are left on a piece of the half side of fish. (Then this is two sheets of cut down the fish.)
- Put the back side of the fish in front.
- Cut along the middle bone from the back side to the tail.
- Separate the one’s body.
- Since the bone remains on the ventral side of the fish, it remove the bone along the ventral side.
- Turn over the bone side of the fish.
- Next, doing the same work as ⑩～⑪.
- Since the bone remains on the ventral side of the another piece of the fish, it remove the bone along the belly.
- This is a method which cut the fish into three pieces.