In Japanese, the spanish mackerel has twice seasons in year that is an autumn and in the spring .
We will introduce Spanish mackerel（SAWARA）NO SAIKIYOU－ZUKE in this time.
- Spanish mackerel
- Kyoto-style sweet white bean paste
- Sweet sake
How TO Make
- The Spanish mackerel remove the internal organs.
- Wash Spanish mackerel with water, and drain off the water.
- Cutting a Spanish mackerel into three slices, and salt it for from 30 to 40 minute.
- Wash Spanish mackerel with water once, wipe out moisture.
- cut to 6 cm (2.4 in ) width size.
- Choose the good-quality Saikyo Miso
- Mix SAIKIYOU-MISO with sweet sake and Japanese sake, and keep mixed SAIKIYOU-MISO about 2 days.
- Stab a skewer at each end of fillet.
- The SAIKIYOU-ZUKE is easy to burnt , it will grill slowly over the faraway fire.
Kyoto-style sweet white bean paste（ SAIKIYOU-MISO）
Mix 75g(2.64 oz) of sweet sake, 75g (2.64 oz) of sugar, 75g(2.64 oz) of sake with 1kg(2.lb) of Kyoto-style sweet white bean paste, and put it up for 2 days.
About the comparison ratio to seasoning.
The seasoning ratio of seasoning displays it by a comparison calculation, please change the size of a measuring cup or the vessel according to the Number of people.
METHOD FOR TREATMENT OF THE JAPANESE SPANISH MACKEREL (SAWARA)
- Turn the head of the Japanese Spanish Mackerel to the right.
- Pierce the tip of the kitchen knife to behind the chest fin from the head joint.
- Cut it diagonally from the upper left to the lower right.
- Next, turn the fish to the back side.
- Doing the same work as in ③, the stomach side to the up side down, and cut off the joint of the bone in a head side.
- Turn the head to the left, and cut the stomach of the fish, and take out the internal organs.
- Cut the thin skin along a middle bone, and wash a fish in water, remove the blood and the dirt.
- Wipe off the moisture.
- Point the fish head side to the right.
- Put the tip of kitchen knife in from the ventral side of the head side.
- Cut along the middle bone to the tail, and separate one’s body.
- In this worked, bones are left on a piece of the half side of fish. (Then this is two sheets of cut down the fish.)
- Put the back side of the fish in front.
- Cut along the middle bone from the back side to the tail.
- Separate the one’s body.
- Since the bone remains on the ventral side of the fish, it remove the bone along the ventral side.
- Turn over the bone side of the fish.
- Next, doing the same work as ⑩～⑪.
- Since the bone remains on the ventral side of the another piece of the fish, it remove the bone along the belly.
- This is a method which cut the fish into the three pieces.