The season of the harvest fish is from winter to early summer.
The SAIKIYOU-ZUKE of hervest fish is used for grilled foods of KAISEKI cuisine wellThe taste is very refined, and exquisite.This time we will introduce the Harvest Fish SAIKIYOU -ZUKE.
- Hervest Fish
- Japanese Sake
- Sweet sake
How To Make
- Because the scale of hervest fish is very small, and remove scales carefully
- Remove the internal organs, wash hervest fish with water, and wipe out moisture
- Cutting a hervest fish into three slices, and sprincle the salt ,and keep about for 30-40 minutes.
- Wash hervest fish with water once, and wipe out moisture.
- Cut to 8 cm ( 3.1 in ) width size.
- Choose the good-quality Saikyo Miso
- Mix SAIKIYOU-MISO with sweet sake and Japanese sake, and keep mixed SAIKIYOU-MISO about 2 days
- Stab a skewer at each end of fillet
- The SAIKIVTOU―ZUKE is easy to burnt , it will grill slowly over the faraway fire
Kyoto-style sweet white bean paste（ SAIKIYOU－MISO）
Mix 75g (2.64 oz) of sweet sake, 75g (2.64 oz) of sugar, 75g (2.64 oz) of sake with 1kg (2.2 lb) of Kyoto-style sweet white bean paste.
About the comparison ratio to seasoning.
The seasoning ratio of seasoning displays it by a comparison calculation, please change the size of a measuring cup or the vessel according to the Number of people.
METHOD FOR TREATMENT OF THE HARVEST FISH
- Turn a head to the left.
- Remove the scales from the harvest fish.
- Cut off the fins such as dorsal and pectoral fins, and a pair of fins on the belly.
- Cut off the head.
- Cut the stomach of the fish, and remove the internal organs.
- Cut the thin skin along a middle bone, and wash a fish in water, remove the blood And the dirt.
- Wipe off the moisture.
- Put the tip of kitchen knife in from the ventral side of the head side.
- Cut along the middle bone to the tail, and separate one’s body.
- In this worked, bones are left on a piece of the half side of fish. (Then this is Two sheets of cut down the fish.)
- Turn a head to the right, and put the back side of the fish in front.
- Cut along the middle bone from the back side to the tail.
- Separate the one’s body.
- Since the bone remains on the ventral side of the fish, it remove the bone Along the ventral side.
- Turn over the bone side of the fish.
- Next, doing the same work as ⑪～⑭.
- This is a method which cut the fish into three pieces.
HOW TO MAKE SASHIMI
- After cut the fish into three pieces, cut the bone between a back and the stomach lengthwise.
- Pinch the edge of tail, put a kitchen knife (SASHIMI-KNIFE) between the skin of tail side and the meat.
- Pull the skin direction to you, slide the kitchen knife towards the head.
- Cut it straight with 1.5cm(0.6in）width.