A flathead and au seabass are representative summer fish. You can have Deliciously if doing it to ARAI (Washing The Sashimi) it.
- Dried Slice Bonito
- Soy Sauce
- Sweet sake
- Japanese Sake
How To Make
- The flathead choose a live fish.
- Wash the fish, and wipe the water.
- After cut the fish into three pieces, pinch the edge of tail, put a kitchen knife (SASHIMI-KNIFE) between the skin of tail side and the meat.
- Pull the skin direction to you, slide the kitchen knife towards the head.
- Make slice of the 5mm (0.02 in) width.
METHOD FOR TREATMENT OF THE FLATHEAD
- Remove the scales and slime of the fish.
- Cut the back fin.
- Point the fish’s belly to the up.
- Cut the cranial bone of gills, and cut the bone of the root of the mouth Side of gills.
- Catch gills and remove it out of the side of the gills lid.
- Cut the stomach of the fish, and take out the internal organs.
- Take the blood on both sides of the fish back.
- Wash a fish in water, and remove the blood and dirt.
- Wipe off the moisture.
- Point the fish’s head to the left.
- Pieroe the tip of the kitchen knife from under fin of both sides, and Cut the fish head.
- Put a cut in a little above the tail.
- Point the fish’s head to the right, and put the belly side of the fish in front.
- Cut along the middle bone to the tail.
- Point the fish’s middle bone to under, and put the back side of the fish in front.
- Cut along the middle bone to the tale.
- Pull out the bones of fish’s belly by the tweezers.
- Cut between the back and belly vertically.
- Cut the bone between the back and belly.
- Cut a fish meat with diagonal in 5mm width.
- Put ⑯ into the ice water.
- Blend in ⑰ about 4 to 5 minutes lightly, and wipe the water.
- Please takes it SASHIMI soy source.
How to make sashimi soy sauce
- Mix 10 cups of soy source, 1 cup of sweet sake, 0.5 cup of sashimi soy source, and put into the dried kelp, simmer with low heat.
WHAT does SASHIGATUO (INSERT SRIED SLICE BONITO) mean
Mix seasoning and cook once、by doing a SASHIGATUO into the seasoned soup, the taste will be even better. And It is often used to make soups such as TEMPURA – DASHI, IREDASHI etc.
How to make SASHIKATUO (INSERT BONITO)
- When seasoned soup stock boiled, put a dry sliced bonito into the pot.
- Lower the heat once, cook it over a low heat, and stop the heat, wait until a dry sliced bonito sinks.
- A dry sliced Bonito sinks, filter it through a lead and cool it.