Ochi-koimo ( Taro ) is a small thing of the taro, In Japan, season is a time of the early summer.
Small Ochi-KOIMO (Taro) steame by the salt with the skin.
In this time, we introduce Boil The Very Small Taro Plainly (OCHI-KOIMO SAWANI)
- Very Small Taro
- Water of Washed Rice
- Dried Slice Bonito
- Japanese Soup Stock
- Sweet sake
- Light color soy source
- Japanese Sake
How To Make
- Small Ochi-KOIMO (Taro) is to peel the skin, hand becomes itchy, and It have a hard time very much.
- Wash it with water neatly, drop the soil, and dry it in the shade all day.
- The skin peels well when rub it with a towel.
- Cut the bud of very small taro.
- DO simmer in the water of wash rice to by 80% once.
- Mix 25 cups Japanese soup stock, 1.2 cups Sweet sake, 1 cup of Light color soy source or ( 0.5cup of Light color soy source, 0.5 cup of salt ).
- Simmer with the plenty of soup stock of ⑥.
- After cooking, wrapped the dried slice bonito with gaze (OIGATUO).
- Place ⑧ on the very small taro, put in the refrigerator overnight.
- Put a sansho springs on ⑨ or sprinkle citron.
When simmer the taro white, pease use the salt instead of the Light color soy source.
When cook a thing of the starch such as the small taro, to simmer it soft and plupply, and be sure, please use Japanese sake.
WHAT DOES OIGATUO MEAN
After boiled cooking thing, wrap a bonito in gauze, and put into the pan and cool it. And the taste becomes a very good by the OIGATUO.
About the comparison ratio to seasoning
The seasoning ratio of seasoning displays it by a comparison calculation, please change the size of a measuring cup or the vessel according to the Number of people.